Uncompromising GPS Sport Watch
· Stainless Steel EXO™ antenna with GPS + GLONASS support for fast fix and accuracy
· 3.1 cm (1.2-inch) sunlight readable colour Chroma™ display
· Altimeter, barometer and 3-axis compass with auto calibration
· Support of a broad selection of sports and activities with dedicated user profiles like trail running, swimming, hiking, skiing and more
· Advanced fitness training features including VO2 Max and Recovery Advisor and classic Garmin navigation features like TracBack
· Smart features like Smart Notification and Connect IQ™ App support for further customisation
fēnix 3 is the uncompromising GPS sport watch designed for demanding athletes and outdoor adventurers. It is powered by GPS and GLONASS via the new steel EXO antenna and a brilliant colour display. fēnix 3 comes packed with multi-sport training, trail running and navigation. It introduces a tough athletic design with quality materials and smart features like Connect IQ Apps
A True All-Rounder
fēnix 3 is designed to assist people during their sport activities and outdoor life. It supports performance sports like running, cycling, swimming, trail running, indoor training, cross country skiing as well as triathlon and recreational activities suchas hiking, climbing and downhill skiing. It measures performance on the go, tracks activities for sharing and navigates the user back home at the end of an adventure. And it does not stop there. The new ConnectIQ App support for fēnix 3 opens up the potential to develop many more functions and for all sorts of activities in the near future.
Once running gets serious
fēnix 3 is packed with cutting edge training features from Garmin. When used with a heart rate monitor (included in the Performer Bundle) it can give you stats about your form and fitness. The first is VO2 Max which gives you an estimation of your actual fitness based on your performance and heart rate data. The fēnix 3 is even able to make a prediction on your race time based on your VO2 Max value. After your training the recovery advisor tells you how much time you need to recover from your last activity.¹ fēnix 3 incorporates sophisticated sensor feedback on your running form to provide multiple advanced running metrics. When used with the HRM-run monitor¹ (included in the performer bundle), fēnix 3 reports your cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time otherwise knows as Running Dynamics. These metrics show your running efficiency – something you can use to improve your performance over time.
To address the specific needs of trail runners, fēnix 3 provides a dedicated trail profile. New features include the automatic switch for core data presentation during flat running vs. climbing sequences and more climbing-relevant data such as ascent performance split for laps and vertical speed. For Ultra Trail runners fēnix 3 secures additional battery life in UltraTrac mode and the option to run the watch with external power supply for the big challenge.
Whether you’re training at the pool or out in the open water, fēnix 3 captures detailed swim metrics, including distance, pace, stroke count, stroke rate and SWOLF score. The drill logging feature allows you to easily log swim drills and kick sets at the pool, and the 2 types of rest timers keep you pushing off the wall on time. Use time alerts to help you hold your pace, or distance alerts to let you know when a set is over. There are even alerts for calories and stroke rate.
fēnix 3 is compatible with sensors such as speed, cadence and heart rate to provide advanced training capabilities for your cycling workouts. It can also display power metrics when paired with ANT+ power meters, including the Vector line of single- and dual-sensing pedal options. If you train with a heart rate monitor and power meter, fēnix 3 can derive your VO2 max estimate for cycling to help monitor changes in your fitness.
Take this run
Ski-board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. You can even use your fēnix 3 as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+™, for the VIRB® and VIRB Elite action cameras.
You know your way
fēnix 3 provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten track. fēnix 3 records a GPS track log creating a “bread crumb trail” as you move. It also allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint, or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With fēnix 3, you can create and follow courses or mark up to 1,000 locations and navigate to them. Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using Garmin’s free planning tool BaseCamp™ on your computer.
More than just ABC sensors
fēnix 3 is equipped with a barometric altimeter and an electronic 3-axis compass. The device auto-calibrates theses sensors using its GPS receiver to provide the most accurate information possible. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not. For accurate temperature reading from the watch, pair the fēnix 3 with our external tempe temperature sensor.
Great Style That Stands Up to the Roughest Conditions
fēnix 3 is available in 2 bold models: grey with a scratch-protected domed crystal and black band; silver with scratch protected domed crystal and red band. Each watch features an ultra-strong glass-fibre housing and stainless steel buttons for extra durability. A sunlight-readable high-resolution colour Chroma display with LED backlight lets you access your data in any light condition. fēnix 3 is water rated to 100 metres and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode, 16 hours in GPS mode and up to 3 months in watch mode (all depending on settings).
Connect IQ™ Apps
fēnix 3 uses the Connect IQ platform for further customisation so you can personalise your watch with ConnectIQ apps, widgets, data fields and unique watch faces that make your Garmin smartwatch even smarter.
fēnix 3 is really smart and keeps you in touch with the world – be it through your smart phone to receive Smart Notifications directly on the watch², or through your WiFi hotspot for seamless automatic activity upload to Garmin ConnectTM. If you want to, fēnix 3 even keeps family and friends informed about your whereabouts through LiveTrack². Get even more information from fēnix 3 by combining it with one of the many optional Garmin ANT+ sensors like Vector® for cycling power, tempe TM for temperature, HRM-run for running dynamics and heart rate and many more.
¹ Requires the usage of a Heart rate monitor, included with some models, sold separately on others.
¹ Compatible with iPhone® 4S or later and most Bluetooth Smart-capable Android™ devices (Android 4.3+ required). See coverage list. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Physical & Performance
· Physical dimensions: 2.0” x 2.0” x 0.6” (51.0 x 51.0 x 16.0 mm)
· Display size, WxH: 1.2” (30.4 mm)
· Display resolution, WxH: 218 x 218 pixels; transflective MIP color
· Color display
· Negative mode display
· Weight: 2.9 oz (82 g)
· Battery: Rechargeable 300 mAh lithium-ion
· Battery life: Up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode; up to 20 hours in GPS training mode; up to 6 weeks in watch mode
· Water rating: 10 ATM
· High-sensitivity receiver
· Barometric altimeter
· Electronic compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
· Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)
· Vibration alert
· Music control
· Find my phone
· VIRB® control
· Watch functions: Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm
Maps & Memory
· Built-in memory: 32 MB; available 23 MB
· Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1,000
· Routes: 50
· Track log: 10,000 points; 100 saved tracks
· Virtual Pacer™ (compares current pace to target)
· V02 max estimate
· Recovery advisor
· Race predictor
· Running dynamics
· Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod)
· Personal records
· Compatible with Vector™
· Multiple bike profiles
· Bike speed/cadence sensor: Yes (optional)
Running & Cycling Features
· Heart rate monitor: Yes (Some versions)
· Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person)
· Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities)
· Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
· Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button)
· Auto multisport (switch sport modes with 1 button press)
· Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
· Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
· Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
· Heart rate-based calorie computation
· Calculates calories burned
· Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)
· Swim metrics (stroke type, stroke count and pool lengths)
· Stroke recognition
· Pool lap recognition
· Open-water swim distance
Activity Tracking Features
· Step counter
· Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
· Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
· Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
· Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
· Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
· Connect IQ™ app support: Yes (watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
· EXO™ antenna (GPS/GLONASS): Yes
· Wireless Connectivity: Yes
· ANT+™: Yes
· Bluetooth®: Yes
· Weather Alerts: Yes
· UltraTrac: Yes
· tempe™ sensor support: Yes
· TracBack: Yes
In the box
Gray Watch Only
· fēnix 3 - gray watch with black band
· USB charging/data cable
· AC adapter
· Product Documentation
Gray Performer Bundle
· fēnix 3 - gray watch with black band
· USB charging/data cable
· AC adapter
· Product Documentation
Other products related to Garmin fenix 3 Gray Performer Bundle GPS Sport Watch