What is Mental Fitness or Mindfulness?
As well as helping us to optimize our attention and to live consciously in the present, Mental Fitness enables us to focus on the things we like and to eliminate the things that cause us stress or the things we dislike, thereby reaching a state of permanent relaxation and wellbeing.
So Mental Fitness is a technique which provides multiple health benefits:
- · Aids relaxation and helps to achieve a state of inner peace.
- · Reduced stress and depression and increases self-acceptance.
- · Helps us to live in the moment, to be happy in the "here and now".
- · Helps us to control our own minds, emotions, thoughts and memories.
- · Helps us to see our own reactions from a different perspective and with more clarity.
In short, Mindfulness is a necessary technique for achieving greater focus on current experiences, to live them with more interest, curiosity and acceptance. And not only for focussing more on the present but also for achieving a state of permanent stress free relaxation.