Hex Dumbbells Buying Guide
Not all dumbbells are the same and one of the most popular varieties are hexagonal dumbbells. Their main difference from regular dumbbells are precisely their hexagon shape on each side of the dumbbell. What does this shape imply to the performance of the sport? This shape will not directly affect the way you exercise but it will benefit you indirectly.
Their hex shape allows them to store better and at the same time prevent them from shifting because unlike round dumbbells, they don't roll. That way, whether you are storing them or using them on the floor, their shape prevents them from rolling.
What are Hex Dumbbells for?
Hex dumbbells can usually vary in weight from 1kg up to 50kg but unlike adjustable dumbbells, you don't have the ability to vary the weight on a single set of dumbbells.
Therefore, it is important that you consider the weight you need to make sure it is perfect for your workouts. If you are a beginner in the practice of sport, it is better to start with lower weights to control the technique and as you gain experience, increase the loads.
In addition, you should not only take into account your level when choosing your dumbbell because the specific exercise you are going to perform also determines the weight required.
For example, a beginner with 15 kg weights in arm exercises; such as biceps curl, is using too much weight, but in leg exercises, this weight may be correct. Also, keep in mind that usually 25kg hexagonal dumbbells will be appropriate when you are at an advanced level so we do not recommend starting with such high weights.
Therefore, everything will depend on the strength you have and the goal you have set, it is not the same to tone and strengthen than to increase your muscle volume. If you don't know what level you are at, try using 5 kg hexagonal dumbbells and increase the weight progressively.
What can I exercise with hexagonal dumbbells?
Hex dumbbells allow you to exercise various parts of the body by being able to work:
- Arms, including biceps and triceps.
- Shoulders, working internal, external and posterior deltoids as well as trapezius.
- Abdomen, both lower and upper and obliques.
- Back, including lower and upper latissimus dorsi.
- Legs, working calves and upper, lower and inner thigh muscles.
Can you buy hexagonal dumbbells online?
If it is possible to buy a set of hexagonal dumbbells online and in a very simple way with fitnessdigital. We have high quality dumbbells that will help you exercise comfortably and safely.
As we have indicated above, take into account the use you are going to give to your dumbbells before selecting one model or another.
Advantages and disadvantages of using hexagonal dumbbells in workouts
- One of their main advantages is that you will avoid rolling when placing them on any surface.
- They allow for a wide variety of exercises.
- You can use a single dumbbell or a set of hexagonal dumbbells.
- They help prevent injuries to your bones, joints and muscles.
- They adapt to your amateur, intermediate or advanced level.
- Their design is ergonomic and comfortable.
- As a negative point, depending on the material in which they are made, they can be damaged more easily over time.
- You do not have the possibility of varying the load on a single dumbbell as they have fixed and predetermined weights.