Buying guide: What to consider before buying mult-gyms?
Choosing a multi-station that adapts to your needs, space and objectives, is important. In the following video you can see a simple guide with benefits of training with a multi-gym or Smith machine at home:
Below we have a series of points with their corresponding indications which will serve as a guide when buying a multi-station:
- Workout options
- Weight Stack
- Structure and solidity
- Adjustments and Comfort
Depending on the model, the multi-station may include more or fewer workout possibilities, both for the Lower Body and for the Upper Body. Some stations that these machines may include are: High Pulley, Low Pulley, Butterfly, Biceps Desk, Bench Press, Wide Bar or Latissimus, Leg Lever.
- High Pulley: Used to work the back and shoulders precisely and efficiently.
- Low Pulley: Used to work the legs (glutes), and also workouts for the back, trapezius, triceps and deltoids.
- Butterfly: Used to work the chest, mainly the pectorals.
- Bench Press: Used to work the pectorals, shoulders and deltoids.
- Leg Lever: Used to work the quadriceps, flexing and stretching the legs.
With these work posts, several exercises can be carried out, for example:
- Lower Body:
- Lumbar extension exercises.
- Trunk flexing to work abs with the high pulley.
- Bar exercises to work glutes.
- Bar exercises to work quadriceps.
- Bar exercises to work calf muscles.
- Upper Body:
- Triceps exercises on the high pulley.
- Biceps exercises on the low pulley.
- Bar press exercises for pectoral muscles.
- High elevation exercises to workout the deltoids.
All the multi-stations have a weight stack made up of weights plates. This column, located at the back of the machine and with a variable number of weights according to the model, is what makes it possible to establish a fixed resistance during training. A resistance that you will be able to vary at any time according to your goals and needs. Depending on your training goals, you will want a smaller or a larger weight stack.
Structure and solidity
The material with which the multi-station has been manufactured determines its solidity, and the more solid the structure, the more stable and comfortable the training. Similarly, we must bear in mind the maximum weight capacity of the multi-station, in order to guarantee optimum workouts.
Adjustments and Comfort
For the workout to be as comfortable and efficient as possible, the multi-station must permit several adjustments, mainly in the seat. Most professional multi-stations prepared for regular training do so, giving comfort and precision to each movement.
On the other hand, you should keep in mind that if you are looking for home gym machines, you have a wide catalog where you will have to decide whether you prefer a training cage, a multifunctional rack or a pulley machine. Depending on the space you have and the type of training you want to carry out some machines will be more suitable than others, therefore, look at the buying guide of each category to know what you train in each of them.
¿Qué beneficios tienen las máquinas multiestaciones?
- Multi-gym machines offer a wide variety of exercises in the comfort of a single machine. Therefore, if you do not have time to go to the gym or enough space at home to have different machines, the multi-gym will allow you to train different exercises without having to purchase the machines individually.
- The body parts that can be trained are many ranging from chest and arms to legs and buttocks among others, which helps to get the body you want.
- The multi-station equipment is very safe and easy to use, given the structure of the machine, it helps you achieve the perfect position to avoid injury. In addition, you can easily adjust the weight and use the resistance that suits you given your physical condition.
- The multi-stations are made of highly durable material and if you should have any problems it is easy to find the part you need to fix it due to its mass production.
- Since weight resistance is used in your exercises through weights and pulley you can build muscle easily. In addition, you can increase the resistance as you strengthen your muscles.
- On the other hand, burning fat also promotes weight loss with some exercises. Therefore, it gives you the opportunity to train according to your needs.
How should you care for and maintain multi-station machines?
The multi-gym machines are not difficult to maintain but require a series of minimum care so that their useful life does not diminish and is maintained in optimal conditions for its operation.
The elements that you should check with a minimum frequency of 6 months are:
- Bars and supports:
- Possible noises:
It should be monitored that the cables with which the multi-gym counts are in perfect condition without any damage (special attention to possible wear or lack of coatings) and that they are aligned.
One of the most important elements are the bars and supports as they are part of the structure, it is necessary to check with special attention the anchorages and carabiners, as well as the plates and welds.
It should be taken into account if the machine is perceived to be making any suspicious noises, checking to see if they are coming from the pulleys or rails. If so, the problem can be solved by using liquid silicone, which will prevent the squeaking noises from continuing. If any other type of material is used, it can be corrosive and damage the machine so it is not recommended.
As with all fitness machines you should remove sweat after use and traces of dust.
Why buy multi-gyms in fitnessdigital?
In fitnessdigital we offer the best quality-price of multi stations, being able to acquire them at unbeatable prices. In addition, we have different models to suit your needs and budget easily, with the possibility of having free financing of the device. We adapt and advise you whether you are amateur, semi-professional or professional so that the multi-gym you choose is the one you need. Join our satisfied customers, most of the users who have tried the machines we offer recommend them!