A Buyer's Guide to unstable surfaces
Unstable surfaces that are simple and ideal for persons of all ages and physical condition, provide a series of benefits that improve general wellbeing:
- · Improve flexibility, balance and stability.
- · Increase muscle stamina and central stability.
- · Strengthen proprioceptive activity.
- · Help to avoid injuries and reduce stress.
- · Contribute to strengthening and toning the body.
Among the best known and most outstanding accessories in this category are Trainpods, Balance Boards and Bosu. They are all specifically designed to carry out plyometric exercises and improve balance and stability but, during set up, the Bosu permits a wider variety of exercises.